BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

So I guess today officially marks day number 1...

on my road to TTC, since I saw my midwife and made it “official” that yes, I will be trying for a baby again at some point in the not so distant future.

I mean, yeah, I’ve been working on bettering myself mentally as well as physically for the past few months for a few reasons, the main one being for pregnancy, but now that I’ve had my “pre-conception” check and told my midwife that I’m intending to get pregnant again (Goddess willing!), it feels a lot more real.

The appointment was a good one. I felt a little guilty that I took up over an hour of my midwife’s time with all my questions and concerns, but I guess that’s what she is there for! And she is great! If she was irritated, she does a good job at hiding it :)

Medical stuff aside, it was a little weird being there. The last time I saw my midwife was at my 6 week postpartum check after losing the baby. Of course this visit was a lot more positive and hopeful, but still, a lot of memories came flooding back. I’m praying that my future visits there will be positive as well!


Now on to the medical- We went over all of the old test results from my loss again. There was a lot… blood sugar, thyroid, infectious diseases, blooding clotting issues, and so on… All normal, so it appears that I’m good to go on that front. The main issue as of now, which is not a surprise to me, is my blood pressure. I’ve had “white coat hypertension” since I was a teenager, and it can get high at home as well when I’m anxious and stressed out. It isn’t a huge issue right now, but we’re going to look into it some more before I get pregnant this time. So the plan there is to have me monitor at home for a bit, and then bring my results into the office. Also, next time I go in, I’ll bring my cuff and monitor so they can compare it to theirs.

Also, I’m to take another 24 hour urine collection (yay! Fun stuff :p) for a baseline number before I’m pregnant. We did this before I lost the baby last time, and that was normal, so we’ll see what it says this time. And then we go from there!

So while I wait for the all clear, I’m going to keep at my routine. Exercise (stationary bike, walking, strength training and yoga), stress reduction, meditation, reconnecting with my spiritual side, prenatal vitamins, probiotics, healthy diet, and optimism!

*crossing fingers* for smooth sailing from here!

0 comments: